Monday 25 June 2007

Looking for a Gay Farmer!

I was passing the Addyman Annexe yesterday just in time to come in on the tail end of a conversation.
"There must be a gay farmer somewhere!" Ann was saying, to various shaking heads.
"There's a gay farmer in the Archers," Derek pointed out.
"But that's not real."
"What? Ambridge isn't real? Surely not!"
At this point, Ann noticed me grinning in the background, and said "You can put this on your blog! A nationwide search for a gay farmer...."
"....and he's got to supply a picture of himself standing outside the farmhouse," the other chap in the doorway said.
So, there's a £10 bet riding on this - are there any gay farmers out there who would like to make themselves known?
(NB Owners of garden centres don't count!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I fit the bill (and write a blog about it). You'd better claim your £10 before food inflation makes it completely worthless

Eigon said...

Wonderful! I'd forgotten all about that bet!
Thanks for the comment, matthew (and I'll check out your blog, too).

Eigon said...

Wonderful! I'd forgotten all about that bet!
Thanks for the comment, matthew (and I'll check out your blog, too).

Anonymous said...

I am gay and i work on Farm Machinery and restore engines and tractors, I love farming too. I am a country boy at heart and i ain't afraid to get dirty. I see you want a pic in front of a farm house well the old house that was here burned and our new one is not a farm house.

Eigon said...

The picture's not really necessary. It was only said in a bit of fun. Thanks for responding, anyway.