Friday 4 February 2011

Spoilt for Choice

I could be in three different places on Saturday, such is the dizzying social whirl in which I live my life!
I've been invited to Brecon, to a party at St Mary's Church. They're starting off with tours of the tower and bells, and later there'll be poetry and music from Village Quire and a man with a lute and Nigel Evans of the B&R (not just the journalist in charge of the Blue Bit, but also a musician). And Huw Parsons' new book of poetry is out, too. It all sounds wonderful - but I'd already had another invitation, and I wouldn't be able to get home because there are no evening buses in this area.
Then I was told about the Tower in Talgarth, which is having a beer festival. Sounds great, and maybe I could go down in the afternoon before the party in the evening. So I tried to find out more about it. There was nothing in the B&R, nothing in the latest WyeLocal, no posters around Hay that I could see. So I went online. The Tower's own website didn't mention it, and neither did the Talgarth Information office. I don't want to go down in the afternoon and find it's only on in the evening - there's only a limited amount to do in Talgarth while you're waiting for the bus home. So I won't be going to that one.
Which leaves Plan A, a party in Hay. No buses involved, no further information to discover - I just have to turn up on the doorstep with a bottle of wine and some finger food!

1 comment:

Eddie86 said...

Why not turn up with a bottle of ale instead? ;)