Sunday 15 March 2015

Antique and Vintage Shops around Hay

I got an International Rescue badge as one of my Christmas presents, and I've been looking round ever since for a Thunderbirds hat to sew it onto.
In the real world, the closest you can get to a Thunderbirds hat is an RAF flight hat - and yesterday I found a box of them in The Old Electric Shop, in the unit near the back which is also used as a sewing workshop.
I don't quite look like one of the Tracy brothers, but it's close enough (and again proves that you can get anything in Hay!).
While I was in there, I noticed that there's a new version of the Booksellers' Map, but for the Antiques and Vintage shops in Hay - of which there are sixteen, so quite enough to need a map to get round them all.

4 comments:

The Voice Of Reason said...

This is an interesting trend. It's as if Hay is evolving into being not just a town for second hand books, but a town for second hand everything. Now that's probably as close as we can get to being a recycling town for the moment. It's a shame that there are fewer booksellers than there were ten years ago - but we still have many more than practically anywhere else in the world, so let's not get gloomy about bookshops closing. Instead, we should be proud of our green recycling credentials.The

Anonymous said...

Hay-on-Wye. Town of Junk

Eigon said...

One man's junk is another man's treasure!

VforVendetta said...

yes but to the majority of people looking at it - it is Junk.I've never had enough money or desire to fill my house with wood worm riddled furniture that my grandparents would have thrown out

In the same way that a pig is a pig to most people - but to a Martian it might be a table