Saturday 29 August 2020

On the Bus to Hereford

 I needed to go to Hereford again yesterday, and I noticed a few changes on the way.

The Boughton Arms in Peterchurch has been empty for a while, but it now seems to have re-opened as Casa Lupo, an Italian restaurant and B&B.

The Old Bridge across the Wye in Hereford is now closed to traffic, so the bus goes over the new bridge now.  This is a weekend of Extinction Rebellion action, and I saw two people standing with a banner on the bridge, waving at the cars.  I waved back.  I forget the exact slogan, but the gist of it was that this is a perfect moment to introduce green policies that will help to mitigate climate change, if only there was the political will to do it.

For my little treat after I'd finished my shopping, I went to the Hereford Beer House for a bottle of Kernel Table Beer.  There the system is that you sign in with your phone number, as I did at Tomatitos on Wednesday evening, and you are served at the table.  I was in one corner reading Dolphins of Pern, which I'd just picked up in the Heart Foundation charity shop, and there was another group by the front window in the opposite corner of the bar.

No comments: