Monday 7 December 2020

Christmas Shopping

 I've done nearly all my actual Christmas shopping locally, but there were a few essential things I had to go into Hereford for, now that the non-essential shops have opened again.  Ink for my printer, for instance, which I always get from the cartridge place opposite to where Peacocks used to be.

And I had a gift voucher for Marks and Spencers that needed using up - I got a lovely grey flannel shirt.

I noticed quite a few changes in the city centre while I was there.

There's a new vintage shop, Cult Vintage, in the space where Sports Direct used to be in Maylord Orchards.  At the moment, it's a pretty bare space with a few clothes rails dotted about, but I got some good quality silk blouses for only £12 each.

Outside the old Laura Ashley shop, there was a skiffle band.  They were playing Putting on the Style when I passed, and they had CDs for sale.

I also had a look in the Edinburgh Woollen Mill, which is having a closing down sale - and Bon Marche is closing down too.   There's also the threat of closure hanging over Debenhams, though I didn't get that far on this trip.

I was sad to see the stall on the market that sold ribbons and buttons and so on had gone, too, though there's another one where I got the gold ribbon I wanted.

No comments: