Monday 1 January 2024

ATM Out of Order

 Well, that was a good start to the New Year!

First of all, I couldn't get the lid off my new jar of jam (homemade gooseberry), until I tried putting the jar upside down in boiling water.  The theory being that the metal lid expands in the heat, but the glass doesn't, so it loosens the lid.  Even then, I was actually walking to the bin to throw the whole lot away when the lid finally came off!

Then I walked up to the Craft Centre to get some money out of the ATM, and it's out of order.  The display says they suspect "customer tampering".

I hope it's back in working order soon.

So I walked down to the Co-op and used their machine instead, and did my shopping there for a change.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Punch a small hole in the lid. It will come off easily. I use a corkscrew tip and bash it with a pair of pliers. Works every time.

Eigon said...

That's a good idea! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

or turn the jar upside down and nbang it down hard on the door mat - works every time

Eigon said...

I'm afraid I tried that, without success! I also, at great personal risk, attempted to slide a knife blade between the jar and the lid to break the seal - stopped that when I was in danger of slicing my fingers off!