Saturday 6 April 2024

Murals in Hereford

 



Here is some of the new street art around Hereford.  I also found the painting around the end of Capuchin Lane, and at the Eign Gate underpass, but they were more difficult to take photos of.  There are still a few dotted around the town centre that I haven't found yet.

While I was in Hereford today, I also came across a new use for Maylord Orchards.  As I was cutting through to the bus stop, tables had been laid out for playing all sorts of games, and there was a game library in one of the shops.  I think some of the games were for sale, too.  Quite a few people had turned up to play, of all ages.  I think it's a great idea!

I was also sorry to see that one of my favourite cafes has closed down.  The owners of the Antique Tea Rooms, next to the Edinburgh Woollen Mill, have retired, and the building is now empty.  I did have a lovely bowl of leek and potato soup at the First Light charity cafe, opposite the Catholic church, though, so I will probably go there again.

No comments: