Tuesday 28 August 2007

Fairtrade

Julie at the Sensible Bookshop has made an heroic effort, and printed out questionnaires for every business in Hay, and she's collated them with the Chamber of Commerce newsletter and a Fairtrade leaflet.
All that remains is for someone to deliver them. So I took Lion Street and Brook Street this afternoon, and Jo took Castle Street. It's the first time I've ever been in the Con Club (I didn't even know it had two bars), and most people seemed at least vaguely interested. The lady at Horsewise commented that she thought all they sold was cheap, imported stuff, but at least it's given her something to think about. At the Poetry Bookshop, Melanie looked at the Chamber of Commerce leaflet first, and grumbled "They always call me Mel. It's Melanie." I'll have to remember that in future, too.

No comments: