Saturday 24 November 2007

Events and bags

Hay Cat Rescue took over the Buttermarket today for their Christmas Fair - tombola, jumble, cat-related items and crafts. Islay was particularly interested in the refreshments table. They were cooking Welsh cakes up at one end, and had sausages and bacon at the other. Fortunately, I had remembered her lead.

Later, I was wandering the wet streets with Islay, who needed another walk, when I came across a lady with a big bag slung over one shoulder. She was stuffing cotton bags, and an explanatory letter, through every door. "Are you a resident?" she asked - and gave me a bag and a letter on the spot so she wouldn't have to do my house when she came to it. The bags have been provided by the Co-op, and they also give a donation to some project in Pondicherry, India.The lady who was delivering them was accompanied by her black lab, Hebe. I told her that I was involved in the Fairtrade group, and she was very pleased to be able to say that the bags were fairtrade, too.

Glasbury Village Hall are playing host to a performance of Gawain and the Green Knight on 15th December. Cat Weatherill, local storyteller and yet another local author, is telling the story, and Rob Soldat is playing the part of the Green Knight. He looks very impressive in make up.

No comments: