Sunday 13 July 2008

Garden Wall Falls Down - Tortoise Rushed to Vet

We get all the excitement round here.
My neighbour popped her head round my front door the other day. "Have you been round the back yet? I think you should go and have a look - the wall's collapsed!"
Our row of houses all have back gardens which are divided from the back gardens of the next street up by an old stone wall - and when I peered over the fence, I could see that the end of Mr Pugh's immaculate garden had disappeared under a pile of rubble. The wall was about six foot tall, and it seems to have just fallen over in the night. Mr Pugh's tortoise was somewhere underneath it - I haven't heard how it is yet.
Pam thinks it fell over because the ivy was taken off it - it was probably holding the wall up.
We do now have a good view of a very pretty garden on the other side, though, until the clear up and rebuilding starts.

No comments: