Sunday 7 December 2008

Re-enactor's Banquet

I've been away this weekend for the Drudion Christmas Banquet, up at the farm just outside Cradley, near Ledbury. It was nice to meet up and chill out for the weekend - and it would have been a lot better if I'd been able to take Islay with me.
She gets on very well with the dogs on the farm (now four of them), and everyone loves her. I once went to bed there, leaving her on the settee with the lads, watching a werewolf movie (honestly, she was really fascinated!) - safe in the knowledge that, when she was ready, they'd quietly let her into my room so she could come to bed with me.
Getting her to the farm would not have been a problem. Stagecoach do a 50p dog ticket, and all the drivers know Islay.
It was getting back on a Sunday that was going to be impossible, since Yeoman's Canyon don't allow dogs to travel any more. For no good reason, since every other bus and train company I've ever travelled on allows dogs. The exception is National Express - but that doesn't matter so much because there is always an alternative to using their buses when I have the dog with me. For the Hereford to Hay route, on a Sunday, there is no alternative. Yeoman's Canyon is it.
So I had to get my neighbour, who is a wonderful person, to pop in over the weekend to feed Islay and take her for walks. If she hadn't been around to do it, I might not have been able to go away for the weekend at all.

No comments: