Tuesday 17 February 2009

Bits and Pieces

Nothing much to write about at the moment - the first flock of tourists is here for half-term (a welcome sight) - and if there hadn't been pictures of deep snow all over the papers we wouldn't have noticed anything unusual about this winter in Hay at all. I think we just caught the edge of the storms - though Val who goes to Stitch n Bitch was still snowed in last Thursday, which shows just how high up in the hills she lives.

My young man came for the weekend, so I went in to Hereford to meet him - the first time I've been into the Big City for a few months. I knew that Chadd's had closed down, of course, but it was sad to see the space taken over by Pound Shops selling tat.
It was warm enough (and I had the dog with me) to eat outside, at Alfresco in the square - very tasty soup, and Islay made friends with the family at the next table instantly!
Back in Hay, we started off by picking up some essential supplies - a box of chocolates from the Fudge Shop to nibble while watching films, and a pig's ear or two from Country Supplies for Islay.
We had a lovely time - but I was rather out of circulation for a couple of days!

No comments: