Monday 8 June 2009

Visitors from Across the Pond

"Thank you for the new friends," Jackie said, when I saw her in Broad Street Books today.
I'd had an email a few days before, from a couple who were coming to Hay, and were also looking for somewhere to live in the area, as they've been posted to the UK from the States.
Illinois, to be precise. To be even more precise, about six miles from Jackie's home town.
They'd seen on this blog that Jackie lived here (our resident American), and asked how they could get in touch with her. It's always useful to find someone who can explain the cultural differences to you, as I found when I went to Greece, so you can tell the difference between what's normal for Hay, and what's wierd in the UK.
So, welcome to Jenna and her husband, and I hope they find a place to suit them, with a nice view, and a good school for their kids.

No comments: