Wednesday 16 December 2009

Well Done, Primrose Farm!

I see from the B&R that Primrose Organic Centre, just on the edge of Felindre, has won a record six awards at the Welsh True Taste Food and Drink Awards at Abergavenny.
They got a gold award for their salad packs, which I can confirm are very good - I eat a lot of them over the summer.
I've watched from afar as the Farm has developed over the years - they've got a Celtic round house, and garden plots for local schools, and produce an amazing £20,000 worth of vegetables, fruit and salad from a 1.5 acre plot. They've also had a lot of input from WWOOFA over the years, the environmental volunteer scheme. I think that's the right acronym - volunteers go off to smallholdings and so forth for their holidays, and help with some of the hard work that goes into running them. It's a good way for people who could never have a smallholding themselves to get involved.

No comments: