Tuesday 23 February 2010

"Right, Said Fred...."

On the way home at lunch time, through the snow which had been falling for hours by that time (and it's still snowing now), I came upon two men manhandling a piano down the steps in front of Di Blunt's house (as was). So it was finally on it's way to join her in Glasbury. It's not the easiest of jobs at the best of times, and even less so in the slippery conditions today. Like the Bernard Cribbins song, they'd taken off the legs and the bit with the pedals.

Just up from the struggling piano shifters a van was parked with a sign on the back of it. "Think! If I stop, can you?" Someone has pencilled in, after "If I stop" "to drink tea".

And, remembering that Bernard Cribbins' other famous song was "Hole in the Ground", Castle Street is closed for three weeks from yesterday - something about the gas mains. At the same time, Gipsy Castle Lane round the Church is closed for two weeks as well.

3 comments:

Marches.TV said...

A little birdy tells me that the piano is bound for London not Glasbury...

Eddie86 said...

What are all those roadworks by the swan for?

I love the way the council spends all their roadwork cash just before the next budget...

Eigon said...

I'm not sure - I think they may be gas mains, too.