Saturday 27 March 2010

herbfarmacy opens its doors

The shop was so packed that I could only just sidle in through the door when I arrived. People were sipping elderflower drinks, trying the tester pots and chatting, with a steady stream of people heading upstairs to have a look at the treatment room.
It's not just going to be a shop - Helen Barnard will be doing facials and massages and manicures, and even waxing. And in the shop there's also Fairtrade tea, and art. There were some gorgeous pictures of ferns on the walls - I missed the name of the artist, though she was there. Then there's the stained glass that they exhibited last year, by Rowan McOnegal the herbalist ( www.mconegal-botanical.co.uk ), and baskets made by Jenny Pearce ( www.jennypearce.co.uk ).
I saw Emanation, from the Stitch and Bitch group, there. She was worried that she won't be able to buy tinctures from herbfarmacy next year. Under new regulations, the cost of a licence to produce the tinctures will be prohibitively high, she said.
I treated myself to their luxury foot cream - I do a lot of walking about in my job, so my feet do get pampered.

No comments: