Monday 4 October 2010

Book Crossing

Passing by the bank this lunchtime, I noticed a book in a clear plastic bag on the bench. Looking slightly closer, I saw that the bag was labelled BookCrossing. This was my first sighting of a "book released into the wild".
There is a website, www.bookcrossing.com, where books are registered. Then they are left somewhere public for another person to pick up and read. The sticker on the book informs the new owner about the website and invites them to join in by leaving other books for people to find. You can also track the path of books which have been left out and read several times.
Then I met Vee, the dog walking lady, who had just been down to the Warren with two of her charges. She had found another bookcrossing book there, hanging from a tree, and was taking it home to read it.
I think it's a fun idea.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

That's a fantastic idea - what a delightful find!