Saturday 12 March 2011

I Have Returned!

Or at least, the computer is back from the place that sick computers go!
While I've been offline, I've been to the St David's celebrations at Salem Chapel, which was also the opening of an exhibition of contemporary Welsh artists - including Hay's own Kate Freeman. After wine and nibbles, we went into the chapel for music, Welsh poetry, and a story from Rob Soldat about how a ne'er-do-well managed to get into High Eden (or Heaven) with the help of his faithful wife.
On another day, I was in Broad Street Bookshop, while Islay got her daily ration of biscuits, when a photographer from Herefordshire Life turned up to see Mary (who was up above having her lunch). There's going to be an article about her in the June edition, which should be out in time for the Festival.
Richard Evans has got an exhibition of Pop Art on at Richard Booth's Bookshop, which should be worth a look. I will be going there in the next day or so, with my young man (up from London for the week) to have a look.
And my long-lost cousin came to visit for the weekend, bringing lots of wonderful information about a side of the family I knew very little about. We went for a meal at the Three Tuns, and his comment was "It's lucky we don't live near a pub as nice as this - we'd be in there every night!"

No comments: