Saturday 9 July 2011

Photography at the Globe

There's a new exhibition at the Globe, put on by Frank Busch, who is a large animal vet and professional photographer!
It was a lovely evening to go up there, and sit in the sunshine looking out from the garden over the Wye Valley, sipping sparkling white wine (I didn't really want to drink again this evening, but - well, it was free and I am weak-willed). Looking round the table as I sat there, I counted three aspiring authors and a poet!
We did look at the pictures as well - there's a very striking portrait of a horse as you go in that Mollie thought her daughter would like, so she was quite pleased to find that, as well as the wall mounted pictures at £150 or so each, there were also some more reasonably priced prints for sale. I think my favourites were a silhouette of the London Eye through trees and a ricketty fence in woodland, that just looked so peaceful.
Frank Busch has a website at www.kindakwerky.com
One friend also told me that she's met the new sous chef at the Three Tuns, an Italian called Salvatore. I think the politest way to put it is to say she thinks he fancies himself as a Latin Lover!

No comments: