Tuesday 23 August 2011

Gappy Teeth

I should have known it wasn't going to be straightforward....

On Thursday lunchtime, I had a little calamity. I have a false tooth on a plate, one of the front ones, and I was just chewing a bit of lettuce when the plate cracked right across, and fell out. For a moment of madness I considered the UHU glue option - then I saw sense and put the false tooth and plate in a little bag and took it round to the dentist.
"Oh, yes," said the receptionist. "Just come back on Monday afternoon to pick it up."
So I waited until Tuesday lunchtime, to give them plenty of time to fix it.
"Oh," said the receptionist. "We need you to make an impression."
So they hadn't even started to fix it.
"A pity I didn't know this when I dropped it off," I said.
"Oh, well, I didn't know either," she said. "Can you pop in tomorrow?"
"I'm working," I said. No negotiation there.
So I shall be going in first thing tomorrow, before I start work, to bite down on that play-dough stuff they use - and I don't know how long it'll take to get a new one after that's done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes my dear - and how much will it cost?! From one gappy toothed lady to another..

Oh and by the way - I didn't know that there was a chance that they could crack. Just one more thing to worry about ;-)