Thursday 22 December 2011

Festive Open Mic Nights

I missed all the enjoyment of two Open Mic nights, one after the other. On the night of the first, at the Globe, I was at County Hall in Llandrindod Wells, and on the night of the second, at Kilverts (with Naughty Nibbles), my Young Man phoned me just before I was going to go out - and I put the phone down an hour later. By which time it was too late to go out, really.
I missed two very good nights, with performers (especially at the Globe) who don't normally come to Open Mic nights. There was Alan Cooper, a brilliant fiddle player, and someone "who sounded very much like Little Rumba" according to Tim the Gardener, who had come all the way from Presteigne (or possibly Knighton).
There will be another special Open Mic night at Kilvert's for New Year's Eve - and I really don't want to miss that!

No comments: