Wednesday 28 December 2011

Not Quite the Last Open Mic of the Year

There was a good showing from the Scott-Wilson family last night at Open Mic, both father and son. Malcolm played electric guitar, a guitar that had been converted into a mandalo(?), and an accordion, and recited Albert and the Lion in good Lancashire dialect, while Robin sang some of his own songs to the guitar.
Tim and Toby both sang, and one lady recited some of her own poems while her friend (visiting from Oxford, I think) sang a Billie Holliday song, and was persuaded to give an encore of a traditional Welsh song.
I kept up my reputation for weirdness by singing a version of the 12 Days of Christmas called Poacher's Christmas (it did seem a little bit odd to sing "my dog and I brought back" without Islay playing the part of the dog).
And of course, Dirty Ray was there with Bury Me Standing and Cherry Tree.
I left before the latest installment of The Green Book of Olwen Ellis.
Dirty Ray is playing again this evening at Kilvert's, and Toby is playing tomorrow night at Michaelchurch Escley, at the pub there.

No comments: