Friday 7 December 2012

Restaurant Reviews

I went out for a couple of really good meals with my Young Man when he was here - and I haven't had time to write about them until now.
When he comes to stay, we usually have a take away for the first evening. I suggested Red Indigo, but this time we were feeling in more expansive mood so we decided to have a sit down meal. I've never had a meal at Red Indigo that was less than delicious, and it was lovely to feel pampered for a change!
(After all this time, I can't remember what we had! Or maybe the romantic atmosphere distracted me from the food!)

A couple of days later, we noticed that Kilvert's were doing a meal with faggots and peas for £7.00. This used to be the Young Man's favourite birthday meal, so we turned up all anticipatory in the evening - only to find they had run out of faggots!
Instead, they did us the best fish and chips I've had for years - a small portion, but just enough, with crisp batter and wonderful chips. And, of course, fine beer.
At the moment, I think the kitchens at Kilvert's are out of action for a few days while they're being done up, but I hope they hang on to the chef!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, restaurants reviews! About time Lesley, and a big thank you for not being Pernickity.

Anonymous said...

I agree with that