Friday 11 September 2020

A Small Shopping Spree

 It was Market Day yesterday, and my Young Man wanted me to get some leather for a costume he's making from the leather stall by the Clock Tower.  While I was there, I looked through the rack of leather waistcoats they had, and treated myself to one of them in a really soft brown leather.  I think I got a good bargain!

Under the Clock Tower, two lads were doing juggling as buskers, and just beyond them was a new coffee stall, Smiler's Coffee.co.  As well as the coffee, he was selling the sacks that his coffee beans arrived in.  I've been wanting to make more rag rugs for a while now, and this was the perfect opportunity to get the backing material.

The jugglers weren't the only buskers - up at the top of the Pavement was a chap with an electric guitar who has become a regular fixture, playing something mellow.

Then I went up to investigate the Dial-a-Ride pop up charity shop, where the hairdressers' used to be opposite the Blue Boar.  They've had some very good quality donations, and I came away with a lovely hand-embroidered cushion cover, done in a style called blackwork, but in green thread.  I do blackwork myself, so I have a good idea about just how long it must have taken to cover the entire front of  the cushion.

No comments: