Thursday 17 September 2020

British Legion Record Sale

 When I went up the hill to the launderette this afternoon, I saw some unusual activity around the British Legion.

The first thing I saw was one of those elevated platforms, which was being used by a couple of men to do something to the flashing on the roof.

Below that, there was the usual table outside for foodstuffs for the food deliveries that the Legion are organising, and on the other side of the door was another table with records, CDs and a few bits and pieces for sale.  There were lots more records inside.

While my washing was on, I spent some time going through the records (I still have a record player), and I picked out about half a dozen - High Society, Judy Collins, a Peter Sellers comedy LP and one of Bob Newhart monologues, The Seekers and The Shadows - which tells you more or less what era most of the records were from.  There were a few earlier ones - Buddy Holly and Elvis - and a few 1980s ones, and plenty of Easy Listening and Classical records.

No comments: