Saturday 18 December 2021

Wandering Round Talgarth

 There are some pretty corners of Talgarth, tucked away.

This is what I found behind a house called Waterfalls:



I walked up as far as the gates of the old Talgarth Hospital.  I didn't go any further because it was starting to get gloomy, and the street lights only ran as far as the houses around the hospital gateway.  Also I couldn't remember how much further Pwll-yr-Wrach nature reserve was - I think I'll wait until a sunny spring day to do that walk.

Just about everything in Talgarth was closed (apart from the Co-op, of course) - the Strand closed at 3pm, and I got there about twenty past three, so it was a good job I'd packed sandwiches and a flask.

I ended up on the bench by the war memorial, reading a book until the light got too bad.  The Christmas lights around the centre of Talgarth are quite pretty, though.  The bus came at about ten to five.

No comments: