Thursday 11 May 2023

Getting Ready for the Festival

 So the Coronation is over, and now we only have a little while to prepare for Hay Festival (and How the Light Gets In at the other end of town).

Bunting is already up, of course, and the tent village is being built in the field at the edge of town for the Festival site.  At work, I've been seeking out books by authors who will be appearing at the Festival to go on display (I know exactly where all our Simon Schama books are - he comes every year!).  

I've also bought my ticket - I always go to at least one event, and this year it will be Steven Moffat talking to Lucy Caldwell and Rob Appleby about how science becomes fiction.  Steven Moffat is probably best known for his association with Doctor Who and Sherlock (and there's lots of stuff that is at least vaguely scientific in Doctor Who!).

And earlier in the day, I'll be going to a free event - Radio 4 are recording Natalie Haynes Stands up for the Classics.  I've really been enjoying the podcasts of this series, so I'd like to see a live performance.

And speaking of free performances, the Hay Shantymen will be singing on Tuesday 30th May (though, sadly, I'll be at work that day).

No comments: