Friday 9 March 2007

Networking in Hay

This counts as a fairly typical morning:

I went out to do a bit of shopping. Rob Soldat happened to be cycling past. He stopped, and asked me if I could do some typing for him on his new guide book to Hay.

Going on a bit further, Doug, who runs Haywire, crossed the road to speak to me.
"Do you understand computers?"
"Well, a bit."
"I need to know how to get a photo into an email."
"Oh, I can do that."
"Is it hard?"
"No, but you need to have the photo in the computer."
"How do I do that?"
"Have you got a scanner?"
"No. Are they expensive?"
It was about at this point that I decided it would probably be easier if I did it for him. He's coming round some time this weekend.

I'd got as far as the antique shop on Brook Street when the lady there dashed out and headed up the road.
"Could you do me a favour? Could you hang around outside the shop for two minutes for me?"
"No problem."
When she got back, she explained that she'd just got a Victorian shoe scraper, which she had put outside on the pavement - but she didn't want to leave it unattended in case someone walked off with it.

I did get my shopping eventually.

No comments: