Thursday 16 June 2011

Busy

I've been busy this week. And out nearly every night. And the night I wasn't out was the night I updated the Fairtrade Hay blog (see sidebar) - because the committee has been busy, too. We're arranging a community picnic over at Hayfield Gardens on 3rd July from midday to about 4.30pm in association with Transition Towns - everyone is welcome. Just bring a picnic and there are free things to do for the kids.
On Tuesday, it was back in the tent at Kilvert's for open mic night, which was fun as usual, and there was a new Breconshire Brewery beer on called The Mayor's Inspiration. 5p of the price of a pint goes to the Mayor of Brecon's charity.
On Wednesday, I had the minutes of the meeting to write (before I forgot it all) and the Fairtrade blog to update.
And tonight was Stitch and Bitch. I have started the second side of my jumper. It should be ready by Christmas.

Meanwhile, the big news of the week is that Elizabeth Haycox, along with the Hay Castle Trust Limited, are the new owners of the Castle - and they want to open up the Castle to the public for events. "arts, culture and history as well as a public space and gardens", they say, though of course the building has to be made safe first.
The shops in the Castle grounds are remaining as they are for the moment, but Adele at Nepal Bazaar has decided that now is a good time for her to sell the business on - so she's also having a big clearance sale. So I shall probably be passing by the shop tomorrow....

No comments: