Thursday 29 September 2011

Going Batty!

I left the door open, as usual, the other night, while I lifted Islay out of her trolley, brought her in to lie on the settee, and then went out again to carry the trolley in.
When I went into the kitchen, there was a bat in it.
It was quite big, for a bat, easily the size of a sparrow, and with big furry ears - though it was moving pretty fast for me to see too much detail.
I knew that the old story about bats getting tangled in women's hair was a myth, so it didn't bother me too much to duck under its flight path (round and round the kitchen) to open the window. By which time it had found the door back into the living room, so I went through to open the door again.
Meanwhile, Islay was lying on the settee going "Never mind the bat - what about getting my biscuit?"
And out it went into the night again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Cool!!