Friday 11 May 2012

Shopping in Hereford

Where did the week go? The time seems to have flown by - and I haven't even been doing anything much.
I needed some supplies that I could only get in Hereford - so it was time to brave the bus again (still no reply to my email of complaint about last Saturday, when the last bus failed to run).
This time, fortunately, everything was on time.
Shopping in Hereford, though, can be a fairly depressing business. Several shops have closed down since I was last in town, and lots of others are having sales. Neal's Yard have opened where Shepherds cafe used to be (and before that Elgars - I always enjoyed a cup of tea in Elgars as a civilised end to a shopping trip when they were open). In the middle of the square there were plant stalls and antiques and so on - one of them had a Starship Enterprise clock. I remember it coming out - instead of an alarm, it said different phrases from Star Trek to wake you up!
Instead of a civilised cup of tea, at the end of the trip I popped into Wetherspoons for a Woild Moild, from Wolf Brewery in Norfolk - it's nice to see the beers from that part of the country coming so far afield. It was also rather cheaper than a cup of tea for a half!

No comments: