Monday 22 April 2019

Mouse Castle

The weather on Friday was hot and sunny, so I went on a walk up to Mouse Castle.


Heres the stile into the woods, which are owned by the Woodland Trust. On one side it's short cropped sheep meadow, and on the other, glorious spring flowers lined the path - wood anemone, bluebells, celandines, all white and blue and gold.
The path was a bit more muddy than I'd anticipated (I was wearing light pumps) but the mud was pretty easy to get around.
I got as far as the spring and stopped. It was really too hot to climb higher.

On the way back, I went down Nantyglasdwr, past the farm, where a young sheepdog barked at me. It was only because he was nervous of me. The farmer came out to apologise - he was trying to train the pup not to bark at passers by - so he held the dog, and I let it sniff my hand, and made a fuss of it, and then it was fine.

No comments: