Thursday 16 May 2019

Extinction Rebellion Rally/March/Picnic

I hope the weather's dry for Saturday, as I'll be heading into Hereford to spend the day at Castle Green for the Rally and Picnic organised by Extinction Rebellion, the campaigners against climate change.
They're going to be providing vegetarian food and non-alcoholic drinks - and are asking people to bring their own bowls, spoons and mugs. No throw-away paper plates or plastic cutlery for this picnic.
So I'm bringing out my old re-enactment wooden bowl and spoon, and wooden goblet, and I'll be dressing up in a floral gown and green cloak as the Goddess Gaia (any excuse to dress up!).
They start at Castle Green at 11am, and the idea is to celebrate life on this planet, as well as keeping the issue of climate change in the public eye - and they intend to leave Castle Green immaculately clean at the end of the day.
There will be music, too.

No comments: