Sunday 29 December 2019

Hereford for the Sales

It wasn't as busy as I expected.
For Christmas I got two M&S vouchers, so I thought I'd head into Hereford to see what I could find.
As it was Saturday, the bus fare was Zero - for a return ticket.
Marks and Spencers was full of black trousers, and I don't need any black trousers. The lovely silky blouses I'd seen some time before Christmas were nowhere in evidence.
But, I had a Plan B.
I also needed a new printer, as the old one won't do black any more, so I walked out up Widemarsh Road to the Currys/PC World there, and succeeded in finding a colour printer for £29.99. They only seem to stock Hewlett Packard, though I'm sure that will be fine. I haven't got round to trying it out yet.
This meant, of course, that I now had a fairly large box to carry round with me for the rest of my shopping trip, which wasn't so bad at first, but it gradually got heavier and heavier. Next time I'm going to embrace my inner little old lady, and take a shopping trolley!
However, I did find some nice trousers (in sage green and rust brown) in Debenhams, so the clothing part of the trip wasn't a total write-off.

No comments: