Thursday 23 July 2020

Afternoon Tea at the Swan

A friend came round with her laptop - she needed to get onto somebody's Wifi to send an important email, and her other friend who had been helping her had technical problems.
I had technical problems too - I couldn't work out how to get her laptop to talk to my Wifi Hub.
It occurred to me that cafes often provide free Wifi, and the Swan is now open so we headed out to the garden at the Swan.

On the way, we met another friend who had just been taking photos of Swan Well, where someone had left flowers.

The young man on reception recognised me from Stitch and Bitch meetings, and was incredibly helpful in getting the laptop to talk to the Wifi. We sent the email!
And we had English Breakfast tea with bara brith in the garden, which gradually filled up with people as we sat and chatted. The tables are well spaced out around the garden, which is a lovely place to sit.
Over by the wall, a rather cross little sparrow popped out of a bush and started chirping at people who were coming too close.
It was a lovely way to spend an afternoon, and the first time I've been out to eat since before the lockdown.

No comments: