Sunday 10 January 2021

Covid-19 Infection Survey

 Looking at the news over the New Year so far reminded me of a letter I got last year.

I dragged it out from the bottom of my in-tray to look at it again.

So, the Office for National Statistics and the University of Oxford, in collaboration with the Welsh Government, sent out a letter last October inviting households to take part in a Covid-19 Infection Survey.  The idea was to gather information to provide a better response to the pandemic.

They were asking people to sign up to the scheme to take the test for Covid-19, so they could see how far the virus had spread.  Someone would come to my home to provide the test at regular intervals.

I signed up, and got my £50 gift voucher for doing so - and I haven't heard a thing since.

I imagine they need a certain number of people in each area, so that the person coming out to give the tests isn't travelling long distances just for one or two people, but even so, it's disappointing.

No comments: