Wednesday 19 May 2021

Trying Out the New Bus Pass

 I took my first trip to Hereford last week since I got my bus pass.  

I was pretty sure it was the case, but the bus driver confirmed it - the bus pass can be used to go into England and back again if one end of the journey is in Wales.  I couldn't, for instance, break my journey in Peterchurch and still expect to use the pass to get to Hereford.

It was pretty busy in the Big City, and there was a mobile unit testing for Covid in the square near the Old House.  

I had a Marks and Spencer's voucher to spend, and got a very smart pair of new shoes.  I was also keen to go round the charity shops for the first time in ages.  This turned out to be disappointing.  Some charity shops have closed completely, and others didn't have the sort of things I was looking for, but I did find a toy R2D2 which had once been a MacDonalds gift for 50p!  Cult Vintage were not quite ready to open, so I'm looking forward to visiting them on a future trip.

I was also looking for craft supplies - I made a cushion I wanted to stuff, amongst other things.  While wandering round Wilco's I realised that the cheapest way to get stuffing was to buy two of their cheap cushions, and use the stuffing from them.  So I've got my home made cushion and two spare cushion covers!  I used up the last of my knitting wool again for this project, but I recently acquired a fleece from one of the Stitch and Bitch ladies so I'm hand spinning again while listening to podcasts.

No comments: