Sunday 31 October 2021

Climate Choir

 The COP26 conference is about to start in Glasgow, and yesterday the Hay Climate Choir sang in the square, standing on the new steps up to the Castle.  The song about taking your canvas bag to the supermarket was pretty catchy!

The Climate Choir meets every Tuesday evening from 6.30pm at the Globe (or in the Globe Garden if it's good weather), and they're always looking for new members.

I was going to have photos, but I've had technical issues - since I had my laptop fixed, I can no longer access my gmail account.  I can still be reached on my BT account at lesley.arrowsmith468@btinternet.com

~

A little while ago I heard a local lady complaining to Andrew Williams, who works for the Hay Castle Trust, about the new steps.  She said that the deep steps that spread out at the bottom around the edge of the square would only encourage tourists to sit there, and she thought this was a bad thing.  She seemed to think that the steps had not been built with local people in mind.

The first time I saw those steps being used was by the Talgarth Male Voice Choir in August, at the World War 2 Commemoration weekend, and the second time I've seen them used was yesterday for the local Climate Choir, so I don't think the lady needs to be concerned that the steps will not be used by local people.

No comments: