Saturday 12 March 2022

Singing with the Climate Choir

 I went out a bit later than usual to do a bit of shopping round town, and I was glad I did, because I ran into the Climate Choir just as they were finding a spot to set up to sing.  They ended up in the gateway next to the old HSBC bank (now a clothes shop).  Many of them were dressed in blue and yellow, as they were collecting for Ukraine.  

Michael Eccles let me share his songsheet, and Justin was giving instrumental support (though I did dissolve into a fit of giggles when he brought out the kazoo - flashback to his performance at the St David's Day concert!).

The songs were mostly rounds, so fairly easy to pick up, and they (we!) also sang a lovely Blessing from the Lost Words, the collaboration between artist Jackie Morris and Robert Macfarlane.

It was great fun, and passers-by were generous.  The blue and yellow decorated basket was full of bank notes when we finished.

The Climate Choir meets on Tuesdays at the Globe at 6.30pm - they ask for a fiver a session, but if anyone can't manage that, they're still welcome to sing.

No comments: