Saturday 24 September 2022

Car Boot Sale

 The last car boot sale of the season is being held now in the little car park next to Hay School - there aren't many boots there, but there's still a fair amount of interesting stuff to look at (I was quite tempted by a CD cabinet which would consolidate my varied stacks of CDs into one place).

Not much else has happened around town this week, though I did have a lovely chat with the lady who spins in the Cheesemarket - she also exhibited the natural dyes at the Cabinet of Curiosities last week.

The Mad Hatters Craft Fair was on in the Buttermarket today as well, and as usual there were a lot of high quality items on offer, from bows for pets to wooden bowls and art and crocheted shawls.

[Updated to add: I went back to the car boot sale, and caught the couple with the CD cabinet just as they were packing up.  They even offered to deliver it for me, which I was very grateful for because it's a solid piece of furniture - proper wood.  Even better, all my CDs fit in it, which is great because they had been scattered around in four different stacks]

No comments: