Sunday 14 April 2024

Korean Publishers Visit Hay

 Two of my customers today at the Cinema Bookshop introduced themselves as Korean publishers, from Giyeok Publishing (named for the first letter of the Korean alphabet).  They kindly gave me their catalogue, in Korean and English. 

They work out of a place called Bookvillage Harry, which is a cluster of bookshops, libraries, a printing studio and gallery space in a small town by the sea.  (I'm a bit worried by the space on their map labelled "book prison" but labelling the bookshop spaces as "book forest" is a lovely idea!).  There's also a restaurant, a treehouse (with books), a boat to read on, and a Poet's House.  They publish picture books on the themes of ecology, human wisdom, relationships, imagination, and poetry.  I rather like the look of the one entitled "I'm a whale, shrimp are annoying".

They are on instagram at @book_vill

No comments: