Wednesday 3 September 2008

Famous in Finland

Barry Cryer was on the radio a few days ago, and one of the pieces of trivia that is always trotted out about him, apparently, is that he had a Number One Hit Single in Finland in 1958 (something about a Purple People Eater).
Well, now I, too, can claim to be famous in Finland. A couple approached me on Monday (in between the BBC being there) and said that they read my blog in Finland. They've been over to Hay several times before, which is why they have an interest in the odd goings on here. I was delighted - I still am! So, hello, Finland!
And hello the United States and Australia - I know I have readers there, too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As well as in Canada!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm a reader from the US! Generally I wait a week or two and then check into your blog and have a good read.

The quirky friendliness of our adopted hometown (for that's how we think of Hay) is captured very nicely in your daily entries.

Have been to Hay many times, will be there again in about 2 weeks.

I'm grateful to you for making me feel I'm in touch with what's going on. Some of the people you mention are friends and acquaintances of ours.

Just wondering if there's a good place for a good old fry-up in town other than the Blue Boar?

The Blue Boar do a really good one, Kilvert's was tasty as well, but they stopped serving breakfast a few years back.

We're looking for the traditional Full English, not "healthy" or bistro versions.

Would most appreciate any recommendations from a local, thanks!

All the best for future blogging,

Jill Ramsey
Richmond, VA

Eigon said...

Hi, Jill, and thanks for the kind comments.
I'm pretty sure XOX Organics do full English breakfasts, and their food is always good.
I hope you have a good time when you come over (it might even have stopped raining by then!)
Lesley