Sunday 4 October 2009

Hay Heads

Well, I was supposed to be down a cave in the Forest of Dean, but Islay was too ill to go - I couldn't inflict two days of camping on her when she could hardly walk. She seems much recovered now.
So I was in Hay, and not working, and free to go to Eugene Fisk's exhibition at Tinto House and the Oriel Gallery.
Which was all very civilised, chatting away to people I knew slightly, some of whom had their portraits up on the walls around us. Unlike the previous two days, it's been bright and sunny and warm today, so Tinto House with it's lovely garden was a perfect setting.
Then I went up to the Oriel Gallery to find myself the only one there. The chap in charge said that the place had been full earlier - he said that Sundays were the best day to start an exhibition. On Fridays no-one wants to go out, on Saturdays they shop, but on Sundays they like to look at something interesting before or after lunch. He expected more people later - and some of the pictures have already sold.

No comments: