Saturday 25 December 2010

Christmas Cheer, Christmas Beer

I'd like to wish everyone Nadolig Llawen - Happy Christmas!

Over on Pete Brown's Beer Blog (see the bottom of the side bar for the link), Pete Brown has made a little video matching the perfect beers to Christmas dinner, from a champagne like aparatif to a port like stout. I mention this here because it's almost local - the film was made in the Morgan pub in Great Malvern, with Pete Amor from Wye Valley Brewery, which runs the Morgan (and their beers are available in Hay). So I can highly recommend their Dorothy Goodbody Imperial Stout, which has been brewed to celebrate their 25th anniversary as a brewery, and is made from ingredients which all come from Herefordshire.
Today, my loyalties lie across the border with the Breconshire Brewery, as my Christmas dinner is a venison stew, marinaded in Night Beacon stout. Gorgeous!

No comments: