Friday 17 December 2010

Christmas Windows


There's a lot of artistic talent in Hay when it comes to decorating shop windows, especially for Christmas - just look at this wonderful picture of Booth's Bookshop, taken by Suzy Davies! It's all done with paper - the Ice Queen, her mask and crown, and the rabbit and raven at her feet.
There's also a white peacock (stuffed) in the window of The End on Castle Street, a Jan Pienkowski-style nativity (all done with silhouettes, which I can't spell) at Addyman Annexe, and penguins searching for the Antarctic at The Bookshop on the Pavement (with one holding the map upside down, and a polar bear lurking in the background).

3 comments:

MacDuff said...

Even I noticed the Ice Queen in the window of Booths and was impressed.

Sophos said...

I understand it's actually modeled on Hans Christian Andersen's "The Snow Queen"

Eigon said...

I wondered about that, but Ice Queen was what Suzy called her photo, so I went with that.