Sunday 24 April 2011

Bargains

"I knew you'd buy that!" Ros was standing just behind me as I picked up the Viking board game from the table at Saturday's car boot sale. The board is a piece of leather marked out in squares, and the wooden counters come in a little leather bag, and all the rules for Viking, Medieval Welsh, Old Irish and Anglo-Saxon versions of the game were with it too.
I couldn't resist, even though I won't be doing any re-enactment this year (Islay is too old and decrepit to go camping any more, or to cope with the pack of hounds that usually goes along).
Ros's husband Tudor reckoned that he'd be buying all his veggies from the car boot in future, but I was being frivolous again - apart from one of those kitchen whisks with a little handle you whizz round. My blender is starting to smell of burning occasionally, and make distressing noises, so I think its days are numbered. The hand whisk will be a good back up.

On the way home, I passed by the Buttermarket - and the Cat's Protection League were having a jumble sale there. So I had to go in....

No comments: