Thursday 23 June 2011

Hay Music

There's another programme of music going on at Booth Books over the coming few weeks. Sadly, my computer doesn't seem to be compatible with the organiser's computer, so I can't show the actual poster (although he sent it to me three times!).
However, on Friday 1st July, 7.30pm, The Castalia String Quartet will be playing music by Dvorak, Barber and EJ Moeran.
On Thursday 14th July, 7.30pm, Katherine Thomas and Laurence Kempton will be playing. She is, apparently, one of Wales' leading harpists, and he plays violin, and they are both soloists from the Mid-Wales Chamber Orchestra. (I didn't know Mid-Wales had it's own Chamber Orchestra!).
Moving on to August, on Friday 12th Louise Thomson will also be playing the harp, and on Saturday 13th, Rory Russell will be playing classical guitar.
Decisions, decisions! The last concert they organised with classical guitar was brilliant, and I also love harp music - and it's £10 a ticket so I can't go to all of them. (I'm supposed to be saving up to go to London on holiday....).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't miss out on Michael Chapman at the Globe next Thursday. I've seen posters around town and he"s definitely not to be missed. Costs £10, but he's a legend in his own lifetime - just celebrated his 70th birthday, and it's a real privilege to have him in town.