Friday 30 March 2012

For Sale


This used to be Cusop Village Hall. There's now a new Village Hall, nearby, and this building was sold for conversion to a private house.
After doing a lot of work on it - or at least, paying Ron Smart the builder to do a lot of work on it - the owner has now put the building up for sale.
I love the way estate agents use language! When I saw the sign up in their window, the building was described as a "breath-taking conversion".
"Breath-taking" is one word for it. From the picture, I'm not sure you can get the full glory of the Grecian urns etched on the glass....

4 comments:

Arthur' Dad said...

'Eyesore' is another word for it too!

Eigon said...

I'm told it's lovely inside!

Anonymous said...

There's a whole article about it in this month's 'Wye Valley Life' with photographs of the astonishing interior. So much marble! So many chandeliers! What the article didn't mention is that when the lights are on at night you can see right through the etched glass windows and into the bedroom. It makes me grin every time I go past...and the price made me laugh out loud. Priceless.

Fanny Craddock said...

ha ha, i saw the article in herefordshire life! OMG it's truly hideous inside and they're asking £525,000 for it. I often wondered what they did with Liberace's furniture and fittings when he died. Now i know.