Thursday 7 June 2012

Good Things and Bad Things

I've seen my first celebrity of the Festival this morning - Nicholas Parsons came into the shop! I thought he looked familiar, and then he opened his mouth and that unmistakable voice came out. Apparently Julian Clary came in yesterday evening - and he's taller than you might expect.

On the bad side of things, Drover's Holidays had four mountain bikes stolen last night, two blue and two grey.[edited to add - the total has now gone up to eight bikes stolen - there are signs up around town describing them all]

I did intend to go to Open Mic on Tuesday at Kilvert's. They've been re-arranging things again, and have taken out the curved seats along one wall. They've moved one of the seats opposite the door, but they've opened up the end of the room where the fire (and the 'stage' for Open Mic) is. Someone had put the Kilvert's Soapbox out for use as a small stage. Dirty Ray stood on it, and said; "I don't like this - I'm too high up. There's a reason I was made short."
I did have a nice glass of Motley Crew, from Otley Brewery, while I was there, though.

Plan B have had yarn bombs around town, though some have disappeared again - letter B's with the Plan B bookmark attached to show what they are. When I popped into the shop, the lady collecting signatures for the petition against a supermarket (and for a school) said that so many people had said that the same thing had happened to their town, with a supermarket moving in, and they didn't want to see it happening again.

No comments: