Monday 13 August 2012

Gibbons' Butchers

I went into Gibbons' Butchers this lunchtime. They've been sprucing up the outside of it recently with new paint, and I found this note on the counter:

"As you all maybe aware it is twelve months now since the death of my Father and things are now being moved on for the future. As a very loyal and much valued supporter of the shop I would now like to tell you about the plans for the future of the business going forward. As you will all know Wayne, David and myself have worked together since before the death of Dad and we have kept to the high standards of quality and service that you would of received with Dad at the helm of the business and I thank you in the most genuinely possible way for your support through what has been a very difficult time. As of the 1st August 2012 I am going to be taking over the business as my own with the help of Wayne and David as before. I will be purchasing and we will be sourcing all our meat locally in the same way as dad has done for the past 20 years and in the way we have done for the past year. I can promise you the same high standards with a few new additions going forward for the future. I thank you for your time in reading this and hope we can be of service to you in the future.
Geraldine Like"

I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing Geraldine every success in the future.

No comments: